Dr. Noha Guzaiz
Head of Women In IR Committee
King Abdullah Medical City
Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Women In IR Committee
Women In IR Committee is part of Pan Arab Interventional Radiology Society (PAIRS). The committee intends to work with the members of the society in order to increase the numbers of female IR on regional scale. This is to happen through the provision of new paths to women, who thanks to these new paths will be able to develop their skills and improve their leadership qualities. A result of these endeavors will be a database, in which all female members will participate on regional scale that will provide the Pan Arab Interventional Radiology Society the tools how to reach them and communicate with them. Furthermore, the website created by PAIRS is to be a centralized space for information sharing for the committee and their members as well as a tool of biography checking and CV sharing. In addition, educational programs related slots are to be arranged. The website collaborating with the database is intended to deepen the areas of expertise of the female members of PAIRS.
History of Women In IR
Women in IR Committee were formed in Feb 2020. Women of different generations, backgrounds and countries were chosen. Two men volunteered and accepted as they are great addition from different perspective.
On April 27, a what’s App group is formed to facilitate the discussion of the committee’s objective and its plans.
- To work with the PAIRS board and members aiming increase the number of women IRs in the region by providing a pathway for these women to develop their skills as well as professional leadership qualities.
- To provide a database with all women IRs of all ages within the region and reach them out to provide support under PAIRS umbrella.
- To provide a PAIRS forum on the website for Arab women IRs to meet, interact and exchange knowledge and experience.
- To warrant dedicated slots in any PAIRS educational programs.
- To provide women’s IR a patient oriented platform on the website where patients can check their biography, CV and areas of expertise.
- To guide the region in regards to women IR.
- To dedicate courses and symposiums to be presented by women IR for the trainees as fellows and residents.
Meet the Committee
Dr. Noha Guzaiz
Dr. Rana Tarek M.
Ain Shams University Hospital
Dr. Karim Abd El Tawab
Ain Shams University
Dr. Nadia Hammami
National Institute of Neurology
Tunis, Tunisia UAE
Dr. Ahmad Alomari
Boston Children’s Hospital
Dr. Mona Mohsen
Dr Sulieman Fakeeh Hospital
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Hanan Alqahtani
King Abdulaziz Medical City
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia